Welcome to my webpage. I am Serhii Dembitskyi, Dr Hab in Sociology, and I specialize in designing sociological tests, leading and consulting on research projects, data analysis, studies of political culture and individual well-being, and in organizing courses of the R programming language.
The last 14 years of my professional activity are connected with the Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. At this stage, I am the Deputy Director and the Leading Researcher in the Department of Methodology and Methods of Sociology. I am also the author of 3 individual monographs, more than 80 scientific articles, and 8 sociological tests designed to measure political culture and individual well-being.
Over the past 5 years, I have been leading the following research projects:
- The Use of the "Political Seat" sociological test to Assess the Ukrainian President's Performance: Methodological and Substantive Aspects (2022);
- A Systemic Approach to the Sociological Study of Individual Values: Empirical Implications (2021-2022);
- Indicators of National Resilience in the Dimension of Public Opinion (2021);
- Social Prerequisites and the Image of Civilizational Subjectivity of Ukraine in Mass Consciousness (2020);
- Political Culture of Ukrainian Society: Tendencies of Development in Terms of New Challenges (2018-2019);
- Psychological Distress in Ukrainian Society: Factors and Prevalence (2017-2018).
Since 2020, I have been the head of the "Ukrainian Society" sociological monitoring conducted by the Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine since 1994.